Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Living Planet Aquarium in B+W

I went on my first outing with the Photo Walking Utah group early this morning before opening hours at the aquarium.  I found that many of my subjects lent themselves well to black and white photography.  I love how when you view something in black and white it really makes you look at the picture completely different than when it's in color.  You really pay attention to emotion and story in people pictures and in ones like these to the form and texture.  I'm especially fond of the two abstract looking photos of the jellyfish close-up and the bubbles at the bottom.  










2 comments:

  1. You're amazing. Thanks for educating me to Black and White advantages. Teaching degree + teaching experience + photagraphy experience + knowledge of history + art history + natural artistic talent + inherited analytical skill = Amazing = a very interesting college Professor = ?! Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~photos turned out beautiful !!! hope to see more of your photos soon.

    ReplyDelete